Food For Life plant-based nutrition & cooking classes
are available in west/central MAINE as well as in VT and NH.
I am portable, so if you live elsewhere, contact me, and I’ll see if I can come to you.
I am taking some time off from teaching full time to complete my off-grid cottage. I anticipate that I’ll be offering a regular class schedule beginning Fall 2019. IN THE MEANTIME, I am still available upon request for single classes in your home or community and to host documentary screenings. Simply let me know your needs, gather some friends and family, and I’ll come to you. See the list of available classes below:
AVAILABLE CLASSES: (each class is 2 hours; cooking classes include 3 recipes per class)
- Kickstart Your Health: our most popular series for overall general health & weight management (5-7 week cooking/nutrition class series)
- Diet for Diabetes: single cooking/nutrition class, 4-week or 8-week series, or 1/2-day workshop.
- Cancer Prevention & Survival: single cooking/nutrition class, 4-week or 8-week, or 1/2-day workshop
- Heart Health: single class
- Employee Wellness Program* – includes all of the above (4-9 week Lunch & Learn series)
- Diet & Dementia: single cooking/nutrition class based on Dr. Barnard’s book Power Foods for the Brain on avoiding Alzheimer’s.
- Beyond The Basics: single cooking class for those who have already taken another series.
*Employee Wellness Program classes are 60-90 minutes during lunch.
Food For Life is an award-winning program developed by the physicians, dietitians and nutritionists at The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM.org). All information presented is evidence-based fact and not anyone’s opinion.
Let me know where I can present this eye-opening Power Point & discussion. I’ll come to you in VT, NH and elsewhere. Let’s talk.
FOOD Is MEDICINE
WOMEN in CONSERVATION panel & discussion
This event was held on Thursday, March 21, 2019.
VIDEO HERE, my talk begins at the 23-minute mark:
Montshire Museum of Science
Norwich, VT 05055
Join the conversation about conservation and sustainability. I spoke on the subject of FOOD CHOICES and sustainability.
OSHER at Dartmouth, 3-class series:
Plants for the Win! How a Plant-Based Diet can help Prevent,
Treat, and may even Reverse Chronic Disease
This was previously taught as a 6-class series. This is the same information in a condensed format as follows:
1-4pm at the Lebanon Centerra Co-op (NH), culinary kitchen
- Wednesday Oct 16: Heart Health and Diabetes
- Monday Oct 21: Cancer Prevention/Survival and Healthy Weightloss
- Wednesday Oct 23: Diet & Dementia/Avoiding Alzheimer’s, plus a recent documentary that includes all these topics.
Course fee: $60
Lab fee: (for food prepared & served in class) $20
REGISTRATION OPENS July 22nd: https://osher.dartmouth.edu/courses/index.html
Don’t see a class in your area? Food For Life classes can come to you!
I can fly or drive nearly anywhere, so JUST ASK, and I may be able to accommodate you elsewhere.