Plant-based nutrition & cooking classes
are available in west/central MAINE as well as in VT and NH.
I am portable, so classes can be at your place or mine.
Since we are still living in “covidland,” group classes are limited in size due to social distancing requirements. However, PRIVATE classes in your home or community location of your choice, with your friends and family can accommodate larger groups. As in restaurants, since we’ll be eating throughout class, no masks are required once seated. Once the state lifts these rules, I’ll be free to offer larger group classes. Although viruses and vaccines are not part of my curriculum, I have taken two vaccine courses, and have strong opinions about what’s going on. Suffice it to say that I’m not afraid of a virus; I work every day to have the strongest possible immune system, and THAT is primarily what will protect you and keep you healthy.
AVAILABLE CLASSES: (each class is 90 min -2hrs; cooking classes include 2 recipes per class)
- Diet for Diabetes: it’s not about the sugar! Type 2 is frequently reversible; Type 1 diabetics can drastically reduce the amount of insulin they require.
- Cancer Prevention & Survival: learn which common cancers are strongly diet related & how not to become part of the statistics.
- Heart Health: our #1 killer is heart disease, yet solutions have been known for decades.
- Diet & Dementia/Avoiding Alzheimer’s: what’s good for your heart is good for your brain!
- Gut Health: Meet Your Microbiome – foods & habits that boost immunity
- Healthy Weight Loss: no calorie counting, no portion control when you eat the right stuff.
- Employee Wellness Program* – includes all of the above (6-week Lunch & Learn series)
- Food Over Medicine – How to take control of your health, how to interpret info about diet & health & medication to make better healthcare choices, and how to manage your doctor. (created by Pam Popper, PhD, N.D.; founder & President of Wellness Forum Health; based on her book buy the same title) – 2-4 week series.
[Single classes are available for most topics plus extended 4-8 week courses for Diabetes and Cancer curriculums.]
*Employee Wellness Program classes are 60-90 minutes during lunch.
All information presented is evidence-based fact and not anyone’s opinion.
Let me know where I can present this eye-opening Power Point & discussion. I’ll come to you in ME, VT, NH and elsewhere. Let’s talk.
FOOD Is MEDICINE
Note: contact Beth to schedule this presentation in your area.